Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz. spinach
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 6 oz. shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Rub the portobello caps with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place, tops down, on a sheet pan.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil, and cook for a few minutes until the onions become soft. Squeeze any excess liquid out of the thawed spinach, and add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and spinach to the onion and garlic mixture. Stir well, and sauté for another few minutes. Add the milk, almonds, and half the shredded cheese; mix well. Taste the filling for salt and pepper.
- Distribute the filling evenly among the mushroom caps and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Calories: 223, Fat: 17 g, Cholesterol: 31 mg, Sodium: 540 mg, Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 13 g
Share this Recipe