Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 Anaheim pepper (or an addition red pepper)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Servings: 2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place all the peppers on the pan and roast in oven for 30-45 minutes, turning frequently, until the peppers are blackened all around the outside and the flesh is very soft. Remove from oven, put the roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- While peppers are cooling, combine the spices, lemon juice and vinegar in a food processor or blender. When peppers are cool enough to handle, peel and discard the skins, stems and seeds. Add the cooked flesh of the peppers to the food processor and process on high until well blended. Slowly blend in the olive oil and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Share this Recipe