Financial Support for the Community by the Community!
If you know of or work for an organization that focuses on our shared values, you can request that it be considered for our register round-up program Change for Change. Change for Change is just one way the Alberta Co-op partners with and supports organizations in Portland that are doing work around food security and nutrition, workers’ rights, environmental justice, and/or N/NE Portland community building/strengthening.
How It Works:
We believe in the power of community. Our Change for Change program gets members of the community directly involved by allowing them to round up their grocery bill to the nearest dollar, or to donate any desired amount to the organization of the month. In addition, it helps to share the names and work of awesome organizations in Portland!
We accept applications for Change for Change all year long and give priority to organizations that:
- Use funding for work related to food justice
- Are based in communities served by the Alberta Co-op
- Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities
- Use funding for a specific project (instead of general operation costs)
If Your Organization is Selected:
If your organization is selected as a Change for Change community partner we require:
- 2-5 high-resolution photos representing your work
- A .jpg of your organization’s logo
- That you promote the fundraiser via your website, newsletter, and/or social media pages
Change for Change applications are organizations seeking direct financial support. If you are seeking a food, product, or gift card donation please see our Donations application. We are unable to fulfill requests made on behalf of individuals.