This recipe includes tequila which is totally optional and won’t be any less delicious without. It also allows for a lot of experimentation; add cucumber, feta, or papaya and jicama for added texture and flavor!
This recipe shared through strongertogether.coop
Find more recipes and information about your food and where it came from at www.strongertogether.coop
- 2 cups seeded watermelon, balled or cubed
- 1 large red heirloom tomato, cored and chopped *if you can't get heirloom, halved cherry tomatoes are a great substitute
- 1 large yellow heirloom tomato, cored and chopped *if you can't get heirloom, halved cherry tomatoes are a great substitute
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons tequila *optional!
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- Pinch sea salt & black pepper
- Place watermelon and tomato pieces on a clean flour sack or paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tequila (if using), agave nectar, vinegar, mint, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Add the watermelon and tomatoes (also cucumber, feta, papaya or jicama), toss well to coat and serve immediately.
Share this Recipe