Recipe borrowed with permission from welcometothetable.coop
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and roasted
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Toss 4 peeled garlic cloves in a little oil and double wrap in aluminum foil. In a preheated 350 degree oven, roast the garlic for about 30 minutes or until the garlic is soft but not burnt.
- In a food processor, puree the roasted garlic and the one raw garlic clove along with the diced jalapeño. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, and salt. Puree until smooth. While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
Share this Recipe