adapted from Keep It Simple Foods
- 1 pkg Three Sisters Nixtamal Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2-1 C Los Roast New Mexico Green Chiles (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 C Sweet Creek green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 pkg Don Froylan Queso Botanero broken into smallish pieces
- 1/2 lime (juice & zest)
- 1 T cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 can Hatch sliced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine black beans, about 2/3 of the chilies, garlic, and about 2/3 of the onions. Add a handful of the cilantro, the lime zest & juice, cumin, onion powder, salt, cinnamon, chili powder, sour cream, and 2/3 of the cheese. Mix well.
- Steam the tortillas using your favorite method until they are pliable enough to not break when folded. Splash a little of the enchilada sauce into a "lasagna size" baking pan (just enough to coat the bottom). Spoon the filling into the tortillas, rolling each one and placing it into the dish as you go.
- Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, onions and chilies, and the jalapeno slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and tortilla edges look crispy and brown. Serve topped with remaining cilantro and some avocado slices.
Share this Recipe