Elevate a humble package of ramen from “college dorm” to “favorite food cart” quality.
- 2 pkg instant ramen
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 T boullion base
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 T curry paste
- 1 T sriracha more or less to taste
- 1 T fish sauce or use vegan version
- 1 T tamari omit if using ramen seasoning packets
- 1 C edamame, shelled
- 1 C red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 C mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 oz tofu
- lime wedges to serve
- green onions, sliced to serve
- Cook and drain ramen according to package instructions, reserving seasoning packets. Divide between 2 bowls.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients through edamame in a saucepan, along with 1C water and the ramen seasoning packets (if desired). Bring to a simmer and cook until tofu is heated through, about 4-5 minutes. Add cabbage and mushrooms.
- Pour the soup over the noodles and top with the green onions and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
*use rice ramen for gluten free
- This recipe works with any type of Asian style noodles. Try it with brown rice pad thai noodles, small vermicelli "nests," or the bean-based varieties that are gaining popularity.
- I especially like this with lemongrass ramen seasoning.
- If you're not a fan of tofu, sub another protein of choice. Shrimp Souped Up Ramen can be prepared the same way, but other meats may require additional cooking time.
- Switch up the veggies depending on your tastes and seasonal availability. Use bok choy instead of cabbage, throw in some matchstick carrots, add sliced red pepper, make it your own!
Share this Recipe