Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh plums
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the sugar, butter and coconut oil until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and blend well. Add vanilla, scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend well. Stir in half the flour mixture, then the yogurt, then the remaining flour. Using a spatula, gently fold in the plums until well distributed and pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the middle of the bread for doneness; the toothpick will come out clean when the bread is ready.
- Remove bread from the oven and let sit for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
Share this Recipe