There’s nothing like the homemade version of this classic comfort food. This recipe is gluten-free and vegan as written but easily made real cheesy using the same measurements.
from Geanna Marek, Working Owner
- 2 cups gluten-free pasta macaroni or penne works best
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1-2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 2 cups non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 2 cups Daiya shreds 1/2 mozzarella, 1/2 cheddar is delicous
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a saucepan. Saute mushrooms and celery until mushrooms are dark and soft. Add flour and milk and cheese and stir until cheese is melted (Daiya melts!) and the sauce is thick. Add peas until they are warmed through and stir.
- Season to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe