These make a great lunch or appetizer. Serve with Perfect Spicy Peanut Sauce, yum!
- 1 head lettuce (or napa cabbage)
- 1 pkg extra-firm tofu drained
- 2 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- red pepper flakes
- tamari, soy sauce, or Braggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice the tofu into small bite size squares. Spread them out on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt , pepper, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350.
- When that is almost done, heat up wok or frying pan and throw in the chopped up garlic and ginger. Fry for about 5-7 minutes until they are softer. Throw in the shittakes. At this time you can add more soy sauce, usually about 4 or 5 shakes. Also, if you’d like, some more salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook about another 10 -12 minutes, then add the tofu and finish up the cooking - about 2-5 minutes
- Wash and dry the lettuce/cabbage and pull off pieces about the size of your palm.
- Spoon the mixture into the leaves and roll them up! If the leaves are small, just scoop mixture into them and serve open.
Share this Recipe