Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
Learn more about your food and where it comes from by visiting www.strongertogether.coop
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 3 tbsp onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp carrots finely diced
- 2 tbsp Celery finely diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté until softened, then add the mushrooms and sauté until browned. Add the vegetable stock, tamari, rosemary and thyme and bring to a boil.
- In a small skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and whisk in the flour to form a roux. Add the roux to the stock once it begins to boil and whisk until smooth. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe