Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
Learn more about your food and where it comes from by visiting www.strongertogether.coop
- 4 to 5 cups vegan multigrain bread cut into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & minced
- 2 cups onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 3/4 cup Celery diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large iron skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and green pepper for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and dried herbs and continue to cook for a few more minutes until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the vegetable broth, cranberries, pecans, salt, pepper, and toasted bread cubes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes. Let the stuffing sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve it with tofu steak and mushroom gravy for vegans.
Share this Recipe