Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 7 oz vegetarian ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium heat
- Add the diced onions and pepper and sauté on high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble vegetarian ground beef into the onion mix and brown, as you would with ground beef.
- When cooked through, add beans and tomatoes, bring to boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes, or until thick
856 calories, 7 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 454 mg. sodium, 148 g. carbohydrate, 48 g. fiber, 54 g. protein
Share this Recipe