Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 4 large apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 200°F. Cut apples in half. Remove seeds, stems and bottoms. Use a sharp knife to make thin crosswise slices. Place the half-rounds in a large bowl, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle two sheet pans with oil, then spread the apple slices on the pans. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Place on racks to cool.
- While apple chips cool, combine peanut butter, yogurt and honey in a small bowl and stir. Place apple chips on a plate with the bowl of dip in the center and serve.
Make ahead of time as an after-school snack for hungry kids, or jazz up breakfast oatmeal with a side of apple chips and dip. Chips will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
300 calories, 11 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 70 mg. sodium, 48 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 6 g. protein
Share this Recipe