Recipe borrowed from www.welcometothetable.coop
- 2 large bunches collard greens stemmed and chopped into 2" pieces
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bring a large stockpot 3/4 full of salted water to a boil.
- Add chopped collard greens and blanch for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain. Squeeze out excess water.
- In a skillet, sauté the remaining ingredients in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Toss the sautéed vegetables and spices with the drained collards and remaining olive oil.
Share this Recipe