Recipe borrowed with permission from www.grocery.coop
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Butternut squash about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 apple cored, peeled, and cubed
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- sea salt to taste
- In a 4-quart pot, heat the butter or oil and saute the onion over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and saute 3 more minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Add squash, apple, and vegetable stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or blender and salt to taste.
Share this Recipe