Recipe borrowed with permission from welcometothetable.coop
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prick the eggplant in several places with a knife or fork. Place on a baking sheet and roast the eggplant in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, turning it occasionally. Remove from oven when the eggplant soft and collapsing and the outside is blackened. Place the eggplant in a bowl and set aside until it is cool enough to handle.
- While the eggplant is cooling, mix all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- When eggplant is cool, remove and discard the blackened skin and any excess liquid that has accumulated in the bowl. Mash the flesh with a fork (or finely dice with a knife, add to the remaining ingredients and blend well). Serve with warm pita bread.
Share this Recipe