Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 3 spinach tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 carrots
- 1 canned diced tomatoes and juice chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3 slices turkey
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 pimiento stuffed green olives
- 2 black olives
- Chop one carrot into small pieces. Cut a flat strip about 1 inch long from the other carrot. Cut the carrot strip into a forked tongue. Cut the remainder of the carrot into slices.
- Cut small squares out of the black olives.
- Spread one-third of the hummus on a tortilla. Cover the tortilla completely.
- Put one-third of the spinach leaves on the tortilla. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon each of chopped carrot, tomato, and avocado on the tortilla. Lay a slice of turkey on top.
- Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the toppings. Starting from an unfolded end, roll the tortilla up like a burrito.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 with the other tortillas. Wrap the three tortilla rolls in plastic wrap. Refrigerate them for 1 hour. This will help the tortillas stick together and stay tightly rolled when they are cut.
- Cut the tortilla rolls into 1-inch slices. Cut one slice in half diagonally to form a point.
- Lay the sliced tortilla rolls on a plate in an “s” shape. Put a carrot slice and a cucumber slice between each section of roll. Put the pointed section at one end for the tail. The other end is the head.
- Put the pimento olives on the head for eyes. Add the tongue. Put the black olive squares on the snake’s back for decoration.
Share this Recipe