For the 7th and final day of Alberta Co-op Basics Week, I’m leaving you with one of the best kitchen tricks I’ve learned: how to “boil” eggs with steam. The result is easy-peel creamy yolk eggs every time, no matter how fresh they are!
- Fill a pot with a couple inches of water and insert a steamer basket. Cover, and bring the water to a boil.
- Add eggs to the steamer basket. Some overlapping is fine, as long as the lid still fits on the pot. Cover.
- Cook for 6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, or 13 minutes for hard boiled eggs.
For Hard Boiled Only:
- Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- I like to steam up a half dozen or more at a time, and keep them in a carton marked "Boiled." It makes for a super convenient healthy snack at the ready!
Share this Recipe