Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 small pineapple peeled and cored
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut milk, pineapple juice, lime juice, honey, Sriracha sauce and soy sauce. Reserve.
- Cut the pepper and pineapple into 1 1/2-inch chunks and add to the marinade. Slice each chicken breast into thirds lengthwise and widthwise into 9 similar-sized pieces. Place in the marinade and toss to coat, then refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill and thread the chicken, peppers and pineapple onto 6 skewers, alternating the ingredients. Put the leftover marinade in a small pot and bring it to a vigorous boil, and cook until a meat or kitchen thermometer reads 165°F and sauce has reduced and thickened. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- When the grill is hot, use tongs to dip a wad of paper towel into a tablespoon of vegetable oil and swab the hot grill with it. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side, moving the skewers to a cooler part of the grill if the pineapple and chicken show signs of burning. Serve the skewers drizzled with the sauce.
A platter of jasmine or basmati rice studded with shredded coconut and just a dash of curry powder is a great base for the sweet and slightly spicy skewers. They’re also a tasty appetizer course, served with a chilled fruity Sauvignon Blanc or Viognier.
130 calories, 7 g. fat, 20 mg. cholesterol, 65 mg. sodium, 16 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 1 g. protein
Share this Recipe