Since starter straight from the fridge can be used, this is a perfect way to use up the “discard” at feeding time. Serve with Vegan Baked “Chicken Fried Steak” for a vegetarian take on Chicken and waffles.
from Serious Eats
- 5 oz all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 T sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C milk
- 8 oz (by weight) sourdough starter
- 3 T butter, melted
Servings: 4.5" square waffles
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined. Add sourdough starter and whisk until completely blended. Add flour mixture and butter and stir until combined. Depending on thickness of starter, you might need to adjust batter. It should be the consistency of pancake batter. Add flour or milk as needed to reach that consistency.
- Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
Share this Recipe