Recipe borrowed with permission from www.welcometothetable.coop
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 1 lb. chicken breast boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 28 oz. can hominy drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, chicken stock and enchilada sauce in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken, hominy and salt, and stir to mix. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Serve with toppings (shredded cabbage, sliced radishes, cilantro), if desired, and top with lime wedges.
After adding all your toppings, serve with a side of warm tostadas, tortilla chips or bolillo rolls (a traditional Mexican bread).
Share this Recipe