Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop where you can learn all about your food and where it comes from.
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red or green jalapeno slivered
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cups green beans trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine the coconut milk with the curry powder and salt in a large sauté pan, and stir to mix. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil and add the jalapeno, onion, green beans and cauliflower. Stir, then cover the pan and return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and test the vegetables for doneness; they should be very tender when pierced with a paring knife. Stir in the lemon juice and taste for salt. If desired, simmer longer to thicken the sauce.
Coconut milk is a fantastic simmer sauce—sturdy enough to boil and full of sweet, coconut flavor. Keep a few cans in the pantry and you can always make a delicious, creamy curry dinner in just a few minutes. Add cooked brown or jasmine rice from the co-op's bulk section and you’re all set!
150 calories, 5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 490 mg. sodium, 24 g. carbohydrate, 9 g. fiber, 6 g. protein
Share this Recipe