This has been described as “better than mashed potatoes,” and I agree.
from Cravings by Chrissy Teigen
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- 4 T butter
- 3 T roasted garlic plus more for garnish
- 2 T roasted garlic oil optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it until it tastes good. Add the cauliflower and cook until you can pierce it with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Drain it in a colander, then spread the cauliflower out on a paper towel to soak up extra moisture (you want it to be as dry as possible).
- Working in batches, place the cauliflower in a food processor with the ricotta, butter, roasted garlic, garlic oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon salt and process until almost smooth but some chunks remain, 20-30 seconds. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Whether ricotta cheese is Paleo permitted is the subject of debate, so I have opted not to tag it as so. Depending on your personal rules, it very well could be!
- This is a great reason to try your hand at making Homemade Ricotta!
- I have not tried this with silken tofu "ricotta," but don't see why that couldn't be used (along with Earth Balance in place of butter) for a vegan version. If you try it, let us know how it turned out in the comments!
- This would make a dreamy soup when thinned down with a few cups of broth. For a light but satisfying meal, serve it with a chunk of bread (spelt would be lovely) and drizzled with flavored oil and some crispy roasted garlic.
Share this Recipe