Shared with permission from: http://strongertogether.coop
Find more recipes and information about your food and where it came from at www.strongertogether.coop
- 3 ripe pears cut in half lengthwise and cored
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries chopped
- 3 tablespoons pecans toasted and chopped
- Preheat broiler. In the microwave or on the stovetop, heat the honey and balsamic vinegar and stir until combined.
- Cut each pear in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds using a melon baller or small spoon. Place pears on a sheet pan, cut side up, and brush with the honey-balsamic glaze (reserve any remaining glaze for drizzling on the pears when finished).
- In a mixing bowl, blend the Gorgonzola, mascarpone, cranberries, and pecans. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each pear half.
- Broil the pears for about 3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Drizzle with the remaining honey-balsamic glaze and serve.
Share this Recipe