Recipe borrowed with permission from www.welcometothetable.coop
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast diced
- 2 cups yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken stock
- 1 12 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 medium red potatoes washed and diced
- 1 large butternut or acorn squash peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes do not drain
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large (4 1/2-quart) pot, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil. Add chicken and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock, coconut milk, potatoes, squash, and tomatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil, stirring slowly.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes and squash are just fork tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Share this Recipe