Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 3 tangerines
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- Halve and juice one of the tangerines, and peel and segment the other two. For the dressing, stir together tangerine juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss dressing with lettuce, tangerine segments and cucumber in a large bowl. Top with shredded coconut and toasted almonds and serve immediately.
A delicious side salad becomes a main meal with the addition of cooked shrimp or salmon. Substitute toasted peanuts for the almonds if you like, and garnish with pomegranate seeds for even more color and zip.
Share this Recipe