Tofu + Marinade
- 2 T orange juice fresh squeezed
- 2 T tamari, soy sauce, or Braggs
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pkg extra-firm tofu
- Leftover marinade
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 T orange juice
- 3 T seasoned rice vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 pkg soba noodles (about 4 oz)
- 1 C edamame, shelled
- 1 stalk broccoli, florets only
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1.5 C lacinato kale, de-ribbed and cut into ribbons
- 1/2 C green cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 C cilantro, chopped
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
Tofu + Marinade
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl mix together orange juice, tamari, sesame oil, olive oil, ginger, garlic, maple syrup, and cayenne and set aside. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and place into a small baking pan without overlapping. Pour the marinade over the tofu. Put the tofu into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, stir, and bake for 15 minutes more until browned. With a slotted spoon, scoop out the tofu and place onto a plate and allow to cool. Pour the remaining marinade into a bowl and set aside.
Thai Citrus Vinaigrette
- Add the lime zest and juice to the remaining marinade. Continue to add the orange juice, rice vinegar, and sea salt to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles as described on the package, rinse with cold water and set aside. Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil, and add edamame. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli and blanch for 30 seconds. Immediately strain and rinse with cold water. Put the noodles, blanched broccoli florets, carrot, kale, cabbage, cilantro, basil, and sesame seeds into a large bowl and toss. Dress the salad with the Thai citrus vinaigrette.
- Serve the salad topped with baked tofu and garnished with sesame seeds.
This is especially good if you use this method of cooking the tofu!
Share this Recipe