Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
Learn more about your food and where it comes from by visiting www.strongertogether.coop
- 4 cups cantaloupe diced
- 1 large cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 large lime zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sugar to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to mix, and taste for balance. Add sugar to taste if the cantaloupe is very tart or bland. Store, tightly covered, for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Share this Recipe
One thought on “Cantaloupe Salsa”
In case anyone else comes across this recipe looking for something to do with an underripe cantaloupe they just cut into, I highly recommend this salsa! I did it exactly as written except that I didn’t have a fresh jalapeno, so I used ground. YUM!