Recipe shared with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
Learn more about your food and where it comes from by visiting www.strongertogether.coop
- 6 cups fresh peaches roughly chopped and pitted
- pinch ground cinnamon and/or ginger
- 2 to 4 tbsp honey adjust according to sweetness of peaches
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot, stir together the peaches, spices and honey. Cook over low-medium heat, uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 45 minutes, until the peaches begin to break down.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the peaches until smooth. (A regular blender can be used, blending the peaches in small batches. But be careful—the peach mixture will be very hot and sticky!)
- Cook the peach puree another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and spreadable. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into mason jars or sturdy plastic containers, cover and refrigerate.
Spread peach butter on waffles, pancakes, toast, scones or biscuits to liven up your breakfast, or drizzle over a chunk of salty blue cheese on an appetizer platter. Add vanilla, mango or strawberries for more exotic flavor combinations. Peach butter will keep refrigerated for a few weeks.
Share this Recipe