- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Zest of 1 orange finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cocoa sifted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans mixed with finely chopped zest of 1 orange
- Place the chocolate pieces in a heat-proof bowl. On the stovetop, heat the heavy cream just to boiling and then pour the cream over the chocolate. Let this sit for one minute and mix in the Grand Marnier and orange zest until it is well blended and smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- After chilling the mixture overnight, use a small scoop or spoon to form 1-inch balls and place them on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Place the tray in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up the truffles before rolling each one into a ball. Coat each truffle in cocoa powder or pecan/orange zest mixture, or both! Truffles will keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Serve these elegant treats with a fine coffee, Chai tea or Champagne.
This recipe shared with permission from: www.strongertogether.coop
Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop
Share this Recipe