This is a fantastic dish to serve at a party; just double (or triple) the recipe and use a wider bowl or small casserole dish. The sweet mango and creamy avocado are a delicious topping for tostadas and quesadillas, too!
Shared with permission from: http://strongertogether.coop
Find more recipes and information about your food and where it came from at www.strongertogether.coop
- 1/2 cup mango chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed jicama
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic smashed
- 2 small scallions chopped
- 1 pinch chili powder to taste
- Peel and chop the mango in small, even pieces; sprinkle with a teaspoon of lime juice and reserve.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits; scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash coarsely with a fork, then add the remaining tablespoon of lime juice, salt and garlic and mix. Stir in the scallions.
- Spread the guacamole in a small serving bowl. Sprinkle mango on top of the guacamole, then dust with chili powder. Serve immediately with chips or quesadillas.
Share this Recipe