Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
Learn more about your food and where it comes from by visiting www.strongertogether.coop
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage diced small
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 Avocados peeled and diced
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 lime juice and zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the diced chorizo in a skillet until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet and set on a paper towel to drain and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the garlic, jalapeño, tomato, avocado, corn, chipotle peppers and lime zest and juice. Add the chorizo and salt to taste.
- For a party platter, cut 3 avocados in half and remove the pits. Use a tablespoon to remove some of the avocado flesh and create a well. Slice a small piece from the bottom of the avocado so it will sit flat without rocking. Spoon the salsa into the individual avocado halves and serve with tortilla chips and spoons.
Share this Recipe