Recipe borrowed with permission from www.strongertogether.coop
- 1 16 oz jar tomatillo salsa
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 3 poblano peppers seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups queso fresco cheese
- 1 1/2 cups diced avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the salsa, onion, peppers, cilantro, garlic and salt. Pour the blended sauce into a skillet over medium heat, add the chicken tenders and cook for 8 minutes, turning tenders halfway through the cooking time, until chicken is cooked.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet, pour half of the chicken and sauce on top and add half of the queso fresco. Add a second layer of tortilla chips, chicken and sauce, and top with the remaining queso fresco and your choice of optional toppings. Serve immediately.
While traditionally served for breakfast, this hearty version of chilaquiles with chicken makes a quick weeknight main dish, too. Salad greens tossed with crisp radish slices and quick-pickled red onions are a tasty side.
310 calories, 8 g. fat, 45 mg. cholesterol, 820 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 27 g. protein
Share this Recipe