Recipe borrowed with permission from: www. StrongerTogether.coop
Learn more about your food and where it comes from by visiting www.StrongerTogether.coop
- 1 lb tofu cut into small cubes, squares, or triangles
- 1 oz tamari or soy sauce
Cilantro Ginger Pesto
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves only
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- To prepare tofu, preheat the oven to 375°F. Toss the cut tofu with the tamari to evenly coat, and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, approximately 35-40 minutes, turning tofu occasionally to ensure even browning. Remove from oven and cool.
- To prepare pesto, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add oil if needed to thin the pesto.
- Toss the cooled tofu with the pesto and sesame seeds to coat.
255 calories, 17 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 778 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 20 g. protein
Share this Recipe