Recipe by Renee Russel. Also available at www.strongertogether.coop
Find out more information about your food and where it came from by visiting www.strongertogether.coop
- 1/2 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 9" Pre-made pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, and gently steam or blanch the peppers and asparagus until al dente, roughly 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cooked vegetables and cheese. Mix well and scoop the filling into the pie shell.
- Crack the eggs and add them to the bowl. Beat them slightly, then whisk in the half and half and spices. Pour the mixture into the pie shell, over the vegetable filling.
- Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven until completely set.
Share this Recipe