Financial Support for the Community, by the Community
If you know of or work for an organization that focuses on our shared values, you can request that it be considered for our register round-up program Change for Change.
Change for Change is just one way the Alberta Co-op partners with and supports organizations in Portland that are doing work around food security and nutrition, workers rights, environmental justice, and/or N/NE Portland community building/strengthening.
How It Works:
We believe in the power of community. Our Change for Change program gets members of the community directly involved by allowing them to round up their grocery bill to the nearest dollar, or to donate any desired amount to the organization of the month. In addition, it helps to share the names and work of awesome organizations in Portland!
We run 6 Change for Change fundraisers throughout the calendar year on odd months and all of the money raised goes directly to the partner organization. Organizations selected will also automatically get a direct donation of $200 from the Alberta Co-op upon the completion of the fundraiser.
We accept applications for Change for Change all year long and give priority to organizations that:
- Use funding for work related to food justice
- Are based in communities served by the Alberta Co-op
- Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities
- Use funding for a specific project (instead of general operation costs)
If Your Organization is Selected:
If your organization is selected as a Change for Change community partner we require:
- 2-5 high-resolution photos representing your work
- A .jpg of your organization’s logo
- That you promote the fundraiser via your website, newsletter and/or social media pages
- At least one scheduled day of tabling in the store where a member of your organization engages customers
Change for Change applications are organizations seeking direct financial support. If you are seeking a food, product, or gift card donation please see our Donations application. We are unable to fulfill requests made on behalf of individuals.